After editing one single class file in my project (one in /lib that has nothing to do with the database), I unpredictably got the error “wrapped: Cannot fetch TableMap for undefined table: xxx” in the prod mode as well as in the dev mode.
XXX stands for a random table name in my database.
I tried to clear symfony cache, browser cache and finally I replaced the file with the old version, with any improvement of the situation. My last chance was a restart of the apache server, then everything was running like before. I have absolutely no clue where this error came from…
UPDATE: The restart was not the solution! The error just took some time to reappear. Thus, I added some debug code before the actual php exception is thrown. Then I found out that “lib/model/om/BaseXXXPeer.php” could not include the file “lib/model/XXXPeer.php” which is very logical for me, because the controller is located in “web/”. Seen from there, tha path should be “../lib/model …“. After adding “../” to the include_path variable in the php.ini, the error seems to be gone.
I don’t get why those includes do not use absolute paths. It would be very nice to see this in the next version of symfony.
I’ve been wondering for some time now, where the problem of the designers is. I mean especially related to free software (I know, it’s something else than open source software, but that’s not the point here). From me, as programmer, who also uses free software, it is often expected to give something back to the community. Sure, no problem, I share these expectations. So I publish TYPO3 extensions which might ber useful to someone else. Also, I provide free troubleshooting with this blog here and I consciously try to use free software: OpenOffice or NeoOffice, TYPO3, WordPress, Apache, PHP, MySQL, Eclipse, Subversion, Mantis and many more. Weiterlesen »
Currently, I use Symfony to create a small Web-Community. Because I use MAMP on my Mac, I tried to create a virtual host as said in the installation manual of Symfony and therefore I edited the httpd.conf file in the MAMP directory. Sadly I previously changed the path to my document root using the actual MAMP control to point at /Users/Grundi/Sites. This variation of the original file seems to push MAMP to rewrite the httpd.conf on every server restart – without my changes of course.
In Symfony, I then had the problem that all the files which are located in the Symfony library (web/sf/…), could not be loaded. As I also use AJAX, and therefore Prototype is needed, my whole application was broken. Weiterlesen »