Feb 21
  • english
  • german

I am currently working on a small project and I decided to use symfony, because this framework has some good features. I follow the given tutorial to come to the 15th day today, the unit test day. Symfony uses an own “Framework” (it’s 1 file) called lime. Sadly the whole testfile looks very weird and not really useable. As I used ASUnit and PHPUnit several times in the past, I think this is quite lame.

Anyway. I quickly found a PHPUnit plugin for symfony on the plugins page which might be able to integrate PHPUnit into symfony. I say might because I didn’t manage to get it to work. More precisly, I failed to install it. Now I contacted the author, I hope he is able to help me.

I just wanted to mention that symfony as a whole could not be the last word on the subject, because today it got, after 14 days of positive ratings, two minuses at once: 1) lime instead of PHPUnit and 2) an installation guide for an extension that does not work at all (how can this survive in a wiki, doesn’t anybody test it?!).

If there is an update and I get ot to work, I will post the solution here. If, in the meantime, anybody asks why I failed althoug he succeeded, I would appreciate to get hint.

4 Antworten zu “Testing with symfony”

  1. rpsblog.com » A week of symfony #60 (18->24 february 2008) sagt:

    [...] Testing mit Symfony [...]

  2. Testing mit Symfony UPDATE | A+media dev-Blog sagt:

    [...] Testing mit Symfony Feb [...]

  3. Symfony.es » Blog Archive » Una semana con Symfony #33 (18-24 febrero 2008) sagt:

    [...] Testing mit Symfony [...]

  4. Unerwarteter Erfolg bei Google | A+media dev-Blog sagt:

    [...] weiter dabei gedacht. Nachdem ich nun selbst mal danach gesucht habe, musste ich feststellen, dass mein Beitrag zum Thema Testing auf der ersten Seite auftaucht. Das finde ich natürlich ganz dufte, zumal es sicherlich mehrere [...]

Einen Kommentar schreiben