If you are interested in websites and their owners which use content that you have produced originally, and claim it their own, you might find this new search engine interesting. It gives you detailed information about websites which provide content similar to yours. Personally, I would like to have it even one step further: find people who make use of the HTML, CSS, etc. of your websites and just modify it a little bit. If anybody knows something like this, please contact me.
This site might also interesting for blog owners because you can see who uses your feed content on their website and whether they “forgot” to name the origin of it.
After further investigation of the problem I posted last Thursday, I finally found a solution to get it to work! I took a closer look at the subversion repository and found another branch (which is described nowhere). So you have to add an svn:external to the plugin folder named sfPHPUnitPlugin and targetting to http://svn.symfony-project.com/plugins/sfPHPUnitPlugin/branches/1.0/. Then you need to update the plugin folder. If you then type symfony -T, the new tasks are visible.
Hurray! But wait a minute: it still doesn’t work! There seems to be one mistake in the file “sfPHPUnitTestPrinterTap.php” in the “lib” directory of the plugin. In line 159, you need to replace the “$suite->testCount()” by “$suite->count()” and then it finally works! Unbelievable, but true. After a long journey, I made it – symfony runs with PHPUnit. Thank God.
I am currently working on a small project and I decided to use symfony, because this framework has some good features. I follow the given tutorial to come to the 15th day today, the unit test day. Symfony uses an own “Framework” (it’s 1 file) called lime. Sadly the whole testfile looks very weird and not really useable. As I used ASUnit and PHPUnit several times in the past, I think this is quite lame.Weiterlesen »
Crazy. I just read that Microsoft goes open source. Congratulations! But then I thought: aren’t some other software providers now put on the spot? Yes, I also thought of Apple. I am curious about how it develops and whether there will be (though delayed) a chain reaction.
There are a lot of extensions out there which modify the TYPO3 login somehow. Some of them user an LDAP server, some use a X.509 certificate. What I am missing, is the possibilty to use a webservice. Let’s assume this webservice already exist, so we won’t discuss it here. Weiterlesen »
I’ve been wondering for some time now, where the problem of the designers is. I mean especially related to free software (I know, it’s something else than open source software, but that’s not the point here). From me, as programmer, who also uses free software, it is often expected to give something back to the community. Sure, no problem, I share these expectations. So I publish TYPO3 extensions which might ber useful to someone else. Also, I provide free troubleshooting with this blog here and I consciously try to use free software: OpenOffice or NeoOffice, TYPO3, WordPress, Apache, PHP, MySQL, Eclipse, Subversion, Mantis and many more. Weiterlesen »
I just had a strange error in a piece of PHP code. It should query a MySQL database and render an HTML selectbox out of the result. Sadly, the selectbox had exactly one entry less than the table! This entry was unique – it had an umlaut as first character and that was the clue for me: the encoding!
The database table was encoded in latin1_swedish… and the file was utf8. Initially I thought: well, if I use utf8, I’m quite safe but I was wrong – obviously. Then I used Eclipse and saved the file with iso-8859-1 encoding and hurray: it worked!
What I found confusing about this, was the fact that this very sql statement returned the completely correct result when entered in phpMyAdmin! Seems like the file encoding there was correct rightaway.
Everyone who owns a blog or even just a “normal” website which offers its content as a feed may have wondered whether there is a standard icon out there and how to use it. Today I found a useful website where these very guidelines can be found. Additionally the icon is available for download in different formats, colors and sizes.
Currently, I use Symfony to create a small Web-Community. Because I use MAMP on my Mac, I tried to create a virtual host as said in the installation manual of Symfony and therefore I edited the httpd.conf file in the MAMP directory. Sadly I previously changed the path to my document root using the actual MAMP control to point at /Users/Grundi/Sites. This variation of the original file seems to push MAMP to rewrite the httpd.conf on every server restart – without my changes of course.
In Symfony, I then had the problem that all the files which are located in the Symfony library (web/sf/…), could not be loaded. As I also use AJAX, and therefore Prototype is needed, my whole application was broken. Weiterlesen »
Die aktuelle Version der TYPO3-Extension rgaccordion sorgt in zwei verschiedenen Modi dafür, dass normale Inhaltselemente im TYPO3 als Akkordion dargestellt werden. Dies kann über eine Checkbox am Element ein- und ausgeschaltet werden. Für den ersten Modus klappt das auch hervoragend, im 2. wird jedoch der Wert der Checkbox nicht ausgelesen.
Ich habe das nötige Typoscript in der Datei ext_typoscript_setup.txt so angepasst, dass das Verhalten jetzt stimmt. Hier der Code:
stdWrap.outerWrap = <div class="rgaccord2-content">|</div>
stdWrap.outerWrap.if.isTrue.field = tx_rgaccordion_accordion
stdWrap.outerWrap.stdWrap.prepend = COA
1 = TEXT
1.value = <div class="csc-header rgaccord2-toggle"><h1>
1.if.isTrue.field = tx_rgaccordion_accordion
2 = TEXT
2.value = <div class="csc-header"><h1>
2.if.isFalse.field = tx_rgaccordion_accordion
5 = TEXT
5.field = header
5.ifEmpty = no headline set!
10 = TEXT
10.value = </h1></div>
Den Autor der Extension habe ich benachrichtigt, ich denke in der nächsten Version ist der Bug nicht mehr drin.